Friday, October 16, 2009

Fresh Manna

doing a lot of thinking... trying to remember the things that got me to where I am now. Writing it down so i don't forget. Because if I stop doing the things that got me here, I stop myself from going anywhere from here.

---

God told the Israelites to take manna, but not to save any or else it would spoil the next day. And whenever they saved anything for the next day, the manna would spoil.

I took it in terms of a personal encounter. Everyday I need to be having an encounter with the presence, with God, with His love. I can't let one encounter sustain me for a whole week, that's not how it's supposed to be. It's just like a conference, or a retreat, we get a "spiritual high" because we're encountering God, worshiping Him and being transformed in his presence. The point is that we keep doing that. A personal history needs to be made, where we're encountering God everyday. The "manna" from a conference or a retreat only lasts so long. We need fresh manna.

People with fresh manna lived. It was their sustenance. People who didn't have fresh manna would die. They had no sustenance. We need fresh manna.

We can't be surviving on yesterday's manna, or [spiritual] parent's manna. We can't be surviving on our pastor's manna or our best friend's manna. Surely, those help, but we need our own fresh manna. Where our relationship with Holy Spirit becomes alive and we are constantly speaking to one another, being aware of each other's presence. Just as Jesus said, "abide in me", and "abide in my love". Just as Jesus said He was the "bread of life". Fresh bread or fresh manna, it doesn't matter, we need to be creating a personal history ...

No comments: