Friday, June 19, 2009

School of Worship day 2

So... i've been telling people lately that I can't "feel" tangibly the presence (like Joe/Alley/Logan kind of deal) Or just manifestations/whatnot. But then today... there was an amazingly powerful experience during worship... the glory just fell, and i could smell cinnamon. In the sermix with Todd Bentley, i remember his describing his encounter with Jesus, and he said he smelled cinnamon. So when i smelled it during worship, i immediately thought, "the king is here" like Kim's spontaneous worship. I just relaxed, enjoyed the presence, and just inhaled the goodness.

I think it was about two/three weeks ago i finally took a break, stepped back and wondered, what am i doing (in worship)? I caught myself, I realized that for a time, i was merely just singing a song.. and meaning it. It's good, but not best. So it was when i stepped back and thought about it, i realized what it was about. It's about the presence. He is here, the King is here. And the fact that this all started a few weeks before school of worship is awesome!

So back today... i smell cinnamon! Brian and Jenn are amazing worship leaders... people who can lead us deep into His presence. There was a point where Jenn said, "there's a cloud of glory in this place", I agreed in my heart, because i knew that this was already a powerful manifestation of His presence already. But i didn't expect what was gonna happen next. I was just in the 'receiving position', and then this weight/force/warmth started to come on my hands. I'm thinking, ooohh this is it, more Jesus! and then all of a sudden this presence comes behind me, all over my back, behind me up to my head. Almost tingly, not the chills in your spine kind of deal, it is hard to describe, but all i can say is that when that presence came, it was totally the fear and awe of the Lord came upon me. I couldn't sing, I could only gaze.

Brian started playing "Here is love" the welsh revival song, and it was just a whole other level...

I'm learning a lot about responding. Everything we learn about in our daily walk (it's a relationship) smoothly translates into a corporate worship-leading setting. It's all about following His voice, and responding to Him.

I said this on day 1, but it's now day 2 moving onto 3, and it's gonna be amazing =D.

.. peace!

No comments: