Monday, August 17, 2009

It is Decided

Something rises in you when you first hear the news that your parents have decided to get a divorce. Something rises in you when your mom walks into your room, just looks at you and then just starts crying, apologizing and apologizing... "you don't have a dad"

My mom kept saying, "the relationship is dead" "it's dead". And all I can think about is "let's raise the dead". The power of the Holy Spirit is upon me, so that I can raise the dead. I know it, but I don't know if I believe it, or if I dare to believe it.

There's a passion in me that wants to explode, for the sake of the hurting people, for the sake of those suffering, I think it's a glimpse of the compassion that Jesus had for the people when He saw them. The unmistakable brokenness that people are in makes me say GOD MORE, I MUST HAVE MORE OF YOU, I MUST HAVE MORE. MORE. MORE. Because where I am at is not enough. This needs to be real. This has to become real. This has to become a reality in my life. It has nothing to do with an image. It has to do with a love that gives and keeps giving. This love is not satisfied if it does not give. I must BELIEVE who I am. Who is IN me. I MUST DARE TO BELIEVE THE BIBLE. Dare to believe its truth, dare to encounter LOVE. Dare to scour through the Word to discover who I am, what I carry, what I can give, and what is available.
---

So now. I turn the page. I dare to believe. I dare to believe who He says I am. I dare to look into the face of Furious Love, and be captivated, and be changed, and be transformed, I dare to believe who I am. I dare to have faith.

When His face is all I see, when I stare into the eyes of Love, I cannot but help to see into His heart and allow it to echo into mine. I can't help but be more like Jesus, I can't help but be free. I can't help but raise the dead. I can't help but love to love.


I will run, I will run this race
And I will do it all for love
Your love compels me forward
Your love controls my heart
And I just can't, I can not get away

So I will fight, this good fight of faith
And I will do it all for love
You are my great reward
your so worth fighting for
And I cant wait to see your face

No comments: