Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bondage

I've been learning a bit about bondage/freedom lately.

The first time it hit me was when i was watching a revival chat with Steve DeSilva. I asked, "Where's the line between giving generously and being in debt?" And he simply answered, "It just depends on how much bondage you want to be in".

Bondage is something that restricts your freedom, in this case, my ability to give.

God's been opening my eyes to see other places of bondage in my own life. I used to play games a lot, like 4+ hours a day. I quit for a while, and then a few nights ago, i downloaded a game to try it out. I knew what i was walking into, i'd seen myself do it before. But anyway, i played it for like 12 hours in a span of 2 days, and then I came to myself, and then i deleted it. I realized the bondage I put myself in, and i had to be quick to cut it.

It bound my time, and i wanted out. Another lighter one, but bondage nonetheless... My videos. I was spending a lot of time on them and i kept checking back again and again just to see if anyone had commented/watched it. I was spending hours just looking at statistics doing really tedious stuff that was/is very unnecessary. I realized this morning, and I cut it off. I already feel more free just declaring it and establishing that.

Bondage is almost like addiction... but thank Jesus for breaking chains! woot! I feel amazing!

No comments: