Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Faith

For class, the professor asked us to create a working definition for faith in anything, not just religion. This is what our group came up with:

"Faith is belief and confidence in a given present/future situation that is based on a history of trust, in which we cannot prove or give tangible evidence of its absolute outcome."

Honestly, this quote came out of my own history with God. A lot of the other definitions that people had were simply just 'believing' that something is true. But of all people, Christians should know that faith is not blind. Faith sees, faith sees more than blind faith.

Our walks should be cultivated in a deep history with God. I have faith that people will be healed because of the history that God has revealed through the bible, through people i know, and through my own life... I have a faith that when I ask Him to come, He will. Because He always has... there's a history of Him showing up.

No comments: